Praising a Team Who Go Above and Beyond!
Wheatland, WY latte County
Memorial Nursing Home
Audubon, IA • Friendship Home
Visit us online at: www.friendshiphome.com
It’s not hard for Mary Gross, Administrator of the Friendship Home in Audubon, IA, to articulate what sets their long-term care facility apart from others. “We have an amazing staff!”
she says. For the last two years, individuals who work at the Home have been recognized by the Iowa Health Care Association as Excellence in Quality Award Winners. In 2011, the Home was thrilled to have one recipient; in 2012 they had three winners! These individuals are certainly not alone, though. Everyday happenings around the Friendship Home show how committed staff members are to going above and beyond.
Recent examples include:
• The dietary department creating a beautiful lunch for a resident and her husband celebrating their anniversary, complete with china, flowers and sparkling juice.
• Nursing staff in the Memory Care Unit throwing an anniversary party for a female resident and her husband, including having a gift for her to give him, welcoming a group of family and friends, and playing music to which they could dance. The husband was moved to tears!
• Staff members taking Christmas photos of residents, making them feel like models—setting up a backdrop, finding Christmas clothes, and fixing hair.
• Staff and volunteers throwing an impromptu party and making gingerbread houses with nine residents on the Memory Unit.
• Making the activity of baking Christmas cookies extra fun by having a resident dress up as a celebrity chef. In the 2012 My InnerView Satisfaction Survey, 100 percent of families and residents in all levels of care rated their “overall satisfaction” with the Friendship Home as good or excellent (with an overall response rate of 49 percent)! Today the daughter of a new resident sent an e-mail that says it all: “I talked to my mom last night and she couldn’t
say enough nice things about the wonderful reception,
care and attention Dad has already received. Thanks for all you do…..I know Dad is in good hands.”